- Company: Aurora Cannabis
- Stock Price: 7.12 American
- Market: Pharmaceutical
- Rating Of Stock: 8 out of 10.
Aurora Cannabis is a Canadian cannabis producer who has its head office in Vancouver Canada. It also has offices in Edmonton, Pointe-Claire, and Toronto Canada.
Aurora trades as ACB on the Toronto stock exchange specializes in whole-flower cannabis, milled cannabis, cannabis oils, and vaporizers.
See ACB on yahoo google finance.
Terry Booth, Steve Dobler, Dale Lesak and Chris Mayerson are the founders of Aurora Cannabis. Their first grow facility was in Alberta in 2014. They received the first Canadian permit to grow marijuana in Alberta Canada. Aurora now operates growing facilities across Canada and also in Europe.
- Aurora Cannabis has gone into a huge expansion process as of Jan 01 2018. One project they are working on is Aurora sky. This 800 000 square foot facility will produce a 100 000 kilograms per year.
- Aurora Sun is a project that will be built in Medicine Hat Alberta Canada. Once fully operational it will produce 150 000 kilograms per year.
- Aurora Cannabis has also acquired Cannimed Therapeutics.
With acquiring MedReleaf this will make Aurora Cannabis the largest producer of marijuana in Canada.
Aurora plans to stay mostly with the Medical Marijuana market even though Marijuana will become both medically and recreational in Canada.
Why would they do this?
There are approximately 24 countries where medical marijuana is legal. Aurora is also looking to export there product, especially within Europe. The medical demand for marijuana is expected to be the strongest part of the marijuana market.
Aurora Cannabis is not currently listed on the New York Stock Exchange but that should happen soon and then they can join Canopy Growth Corp.